Art of Kaizen : Nourish your spirit. Do the things you fear. Be the person you dream of being.
Life/Luck favours the prepared mind. Satisfied people are more thoughtful then others.
Saying that you don’t have time to improve yourself is like driving a car and not stopping for gas because you are too busy driving.
Follow the following for at least 21/30 days :
- 5 - 15 minutes of silence on your own. Preferably a beautiful environment. Try and do it the same time everyday as in a ritual. (heart of the Rose)
- Commune with nature daily, even if it is only a quick walk. Try to be aware of everything in the environment.
- Do exercise in at least 5 hours of the 168 hour week. Nothing specific but to be just active.
- Check your breathing 2-3 times (for about a minute) a day to make sure you breathe effectively. Your belly should move out slightly.
- As you nourish your body you nourish your mind. Eat live natural foods – food that are not dead e.g. vegetables, fruits, grain etc.
- Lifelong learning and expanding of knowledge. Read regularly for at least 30 minutes a day. Preferably something mind nourishing. Books do not teach you anything new spiritually they simply help you to see what is already in yourself. That is what enlightenment is all about.
- Get time to know yourself. Think about all you did today everyday.
- Don’t sleep too much. Six hours is all one needs. One needs quality sleep not quantity. Before you go to sleep don’t watch news or argue or even go over the day’s events in your mind eye. Relax. Drink maybe some herbal tea and listen to soft classical music.
- Listen to music everyday.
- Use mantra’s during the day. A mantra is nothing more than a collection of words strung together to create a positive effect. In Sanskrit ‘man’ means mind and ‘tra’ means freeing. So a mantra is designed to free the mind. Example ‘I am inspired, disciplined and energized’. Repeat often.
- Build your character. Try and improve your principles : industry, compassion, humility, patience, honesty and courage. Act with integrity. Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be string to live as well as to think.
- Live a simple life. Focus only on your priorities, those activities that are truly meaningful. Your life will be uncluttered, rewarding and exceptionally peaceful. Reduce your needs.
Even though rituals are built for at least 21 days, true life change is actually spontaneous. The very moment you decide from the deepest core of your being that you will raise your life to its highest level. In that instant, you will be a changed person, one set on the course of his destiny. More energy, less worries, more creativity and less stress in every aspect of your life.
These methods are not a quick fix. They are ageless methods meant to be applied daily. If you stop applying them and return to your previous way of thinking all will be as before.
Within us lies the sun, the moon, the sky and all the wonders of this universe. The intelligence that created these wonders is the same force that created you. All things around you come from the same source. We are all one. All souls flow into one, this is the Soul of the Universe.
When you nourish your own mind and your own spirit, you are really feeding the Soul of the Universe. When you improve yourself, you are improving the lives of all those around you. And when you have the courage to advance confidently in the direction of your dreams, you begin draw upon the power of the universe.
Don’t fear trying these techniques. Failure is not having the courage to try, nothing more and nothing less. The only thing that stands between most people and their dreams is the fear of failure. Yet failure is essential to success in any endeavour. Failure tests us and allows us to grow. It offers us lessons and guides us along the path of enlightment. The universe favors the brave.