Friday, August 12, 2005

Dungeon Lords done !

I have just finished Dungeon Lords the other night and thought I'd blog about it. I really enjoyed the game and is probably the first game I have completed in the last 7 years.

The game got some really bad reviews - but I don't know - if you install the patches and enjoy a good dungeon romp, this game is a lot of fun. There are some boring parts especially crossing from one town to another or searching for places (hint : consult a walkthrough).

The graphics are nice but it seems surreal that you are floating through it. You don't affect grass when you walk through it and water stay stagnant as well. Very weird... but like I said the gamplay kicks ass, especially in combat and the dungeon parts.

The music is non existant and the voice overs are terrible. The story seems like a bit of an afterthought placed unto the game, just to send you around from one strange place to another. I also kind of liked the oriental clan that was totally misplaced in this fantasy setting.

Check it out :
Dungeon Lords link

No comments: