- One would not put toxic waste in one’s garden why do one do it to your mind.
- 60% of thoughts in a day are the same thoughts you had yesterday.
- Most of those thoughts in most people are negative.
- Mind management is the essence of life management.
- One must stop viewing events as positive or negative but rather as lessons. Every crisis may be an opportunity.
Secret of Success : Find what you love to do and put all your energy towards it.
Exercise : Heart of the Rose
- Quiet room or preferably natural surroundings and a rose.
- Start to stare at the center of the rose. It’s heart.
- Notice the rose colour, texture and design. Savour its fragrance.
- Only think of the rose. The mark of an untrained mind is other thoughts trying to break in. Don’t worry improvement will come quickly.
- Soon your mind will become strong and disciplined.
- Practice everyday for at least a month. Start of for at least 5 minutes. After a week or two you should be able to do it for 20 minutes.
Also : Opposition Thinking
- Make use of opposition thinking. The mind can only handle one thought at a time.
- If a negative thought enters the mind try and replace it with another thought as quickly as possible.
- If you worry about something touch something around you to remind you that you still need more time to master your thoughts.
Also : Secret of the Lake
- Use positive envisioning of yourself.
- If you want to be the greatest father or mother. Envision yourself laughing and playing with your kids, responding to their questions with an open heart. This positive imagery can help in anything you want to achieve in life.
- Any negative thoughts must be viewed as a poison to the process.
- This exercise may be practised anytime throughout the day for a few minutes.
- Remember every second you spend thinking about someone else’s dreams you take time away from you own.
Remember control your mind or it will control you.
A worrisome thought is like an embryo – it’s start small but grows until it has a life of its own.